US Qualified Litigation Lawyer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a US qualified Solicitor to join a market-leading insurance and reinsurance organisation based in London on a permanent basis.
The role sits within their highly regarded Legal and Compliance team and will involve:
- Providing US legal advice to the Claims Department and executive management on contentious legal matters
- Providing legal advice to underwriters on insurance law in the US and non-UK jurisdictions
- Leading the managing agent’s US Claims Legal function working closely with claims adjusters, underwriters and external counsel on significant and high profile US litigation and complex coverage disputes
- Managing the Group’s legal risk
- Advising on corporate and regulatory matters
- Providing seminars on recent US legal developments or key legal issues and managing external counsel
The position reports in to the Head of Claims and Underwriting and the Group Director of Legal and Compliance.
The successful candidate will ideally have a strong track record managing complex insurance disputes in the US for London market insurers.
The role is paying between £80,000 - £120,000 depending on experience.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.