Graduate Recruitment Advisor ***International Law Firm***
Our client, a leading international law firm, is looking for a Graduate Recruitment Advisor to help plan and deliver an effective, integrated attraction strategy and recruitment process to result in the hiring of the best graduates and vacation students from the widest possible pool.
Taking on the day to day responsibility for running the recruitment process, you’ll have involvement in all aspects, from selecting applications, through to offers. Receiving in the region of 4000 applications each year, hiring 110 trainees and 100 students across UK vacation schemes, as well as and Indian and Australian clerkship programmes and pathfinder programme for first year students. You’ll be part of the team that runs up to 500 interviews annually.
This busy role will also include assisting with 30-40 events per year to include open days, skills sessions, post offer days and access schemes. Working with the Graduate Recruitment Manager, Graduate Marketing Advisor and Global Resourcing Advisor, you’ll be responsible for day to day management of one report.
- Devise and manage screening process, with support from an outsourced team of screeners.
- Determine, oversee and generate statistics to manage application to offer volumes.
- Work with assistants to manage online process (candidate pipeline, interview scheduling, online testing.
- Work with the Graduate Recruitment Partners to identify recruitment panel and provide interview training (ensure team are well equipped from best practice and diversity point of view).
- Manage candidate experience through the process.
- Oversee accurate recording of progress, analysing management information to inform and enhance the process.
- Attend and moderate wash up sessions – ensure best practice is followed.
- Handle feedback and offer process.
- Manage seat planning and principal allocations for vacation students as well as the communication with the practice.
- Plan and execute market leading vacation schemes (2 x 4 week schemes in summer, two week winter workshop).
- Conduct and annual review of the selection process with the Graduate Recruitment Manager, to identify efficiencies or improvements.
- Identify target recruitment markets and work with the graduate recruitment team to develop appropriate resourcing strategies.
- Deploy internal practice resources to deliver on selection process.
- Manage handover of hired trainee solicitors to Trainee Development Team.
- Ensure processes are efficient, consistent and cost-effective.
- Explore alternative recruitment channels (e.g. diverse pipelines, social networks).
- Assist with the implementation of agreed attraction and recruitment strategy ensuring the delivery of the right mix of trainees from the widest possible pool.
- Focus on our key strengths and differentiators.
- Deliver timely and professional candidate experience.
- Act as ambassador for the firm.
- Develop relationships with universities and other ‘Partner organisations’.
- Undertake graduate marketing activities as required (one or two overnight stays per week between October and December should be expected).
- Help generate market leading content for social media.
- Produce reports and statistics on recruitment activity.
- Manage monthly budget reports, including reconciliation of spend during vacation schemes.
- Good knowledge of graduate recruitment.
- Strong administrative experience.
- Experience in managing high volumes of processes.
- Proven experience with complex scheduling responsibilities.
- Project management experience.
- Confident in recruitment skills including interviewing.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task effectively.
- Computer literate – good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Commercially aware.