Media & IP Solicitor
Media & IP Solicitor - Exeter - Devon
Are you a Media & IP lawyer looking to retain a quality caseload, yet enjoy all that the South West has to offer?? This could be the opportunity you have been waiting for...
My client, an established law firm, have an established department advising publishing clients all over the world.
This is a key role and you will work closely with the Head of Department and continue to build on the existing national and international client list of media clients within radio and TV.
Your role will involve:
- vetting articles, advertisements, and promotions prior to publication
- advising clients in respect of post-publication complaints
- advising on regulatory matters, including those concerning the ASA, the PCC, Ofcom, and the ICO
- occasionally defending clients in criminal prosecutions
- challenging Court reporting restrictions, when appropriate
- assisting in the conduct of libel, privacy, confidentiality, and IP litigation
- advising on all aspects of data protection, elections, and freedom of information law
You will be a qualified solicitor with a strong technical knowledge of media and regulatory law and the Civil Procedure Rules. You will work closely with the wider dispute resolution team in order to collaboratively deliver projects on time.
Fantastic opportunity & salary on offer.
This position could be offered either on a permanent basis or 12 month fixed term contract, and therefore may suit an accomplished solicitor, working elsewhere, considering a permanent or temporary move to the South West.
You will certainly enjoy all that Devon has to offer, yet retain an exciting quality case load.