Lateral Recruitment Advisor ***Leading International Law Firm***
Our client, a leading international law firm, is looking for a Lateral Recruitment Advisor to join their team and manage the attraction and selection of business services employees and lateral fee earners, ensuring they attract and select the highest quality from the widest possible pool, in the most cost-efficient and effective way.
- Work with Heads of HR and Business Managers to identify hiring needs and skill sets. Determine a resourcing plan to meet the hiring needs.
- Manage and develop new approaches to procurement of services from suppliers to deliver a more efficient streamlined model.
- Develop and manage candidate ‘talent pool’.
- Test validity and comprehensiveness of job descriptions at start of recruitment process.
- Explore, and determine approach to, the available resourcing options, to include referral scheme, internal publications, alumni network, internet channels, advertising, agencies, headhunters.
Sourcing and attraction strategy
- Establish innovative sourcing and attraction strategies to attract the right people from the widest pool for each vacancy / recruitment campaign.
- Determine the key selling messages for each area of the firm, working with the global recruitment messages.
- Consults with stakeholders to inform of the development of strategic recruitment approaches.
- Liaise with the Lateral Recruitment Manager to ensure a co-ordinated and consistent approach globally - share best practice between offices.
- Work with Graduate Marketing Advisor and internal Marketing team to produce suite of marketing materials.
Selection and assessment
- Establish relationship with Recruitment Assistants to provide seamless service to candidates; manage the candidate experience.
- Determine and manage the relationships with partner organisations to ensure access to a diverse candidate pool of the highest quality.
- Determine the selection and assessment methods to use to enable objective and fair assessment of candidates. Ensure consistency of application across lateral recruitment.
- Advise on selection tools (include online testing and case studies).
- Work with line manager to establish screening criteria for each role. Interview candidates and provide independent assessment.
- Advise hiring managers on recruitment best practice and diversity awareness.
- Support and challenge hiring managers constructively on selection decisions (at interview and offer stage).
- Facilitate on interview skills training courses.
Process and Management Information
- Ensure service level agreements are adhered to (including use of the Kenexa agency portal) and review annually to assess return on investment.
- Manage recruitment campaigns - handling internal stakeholders, external agency / headhunter, candidates and decision-making process.
- Ensure hiring managers understand and use appropriately the recruitment system (Kenexa); advise and act as super-user on this.
- Define campaign update communications and process efficiency metrics for Lateral Recruitment and produce regular (monthly) reports.
- Develop and maintain agency relationships – provide weekly update on job pipeline, send Firm updates, host brand raising events throughout the year.
- Develop internal relationships with key stakeholders in Practice and Business Services.
- Acts as the lead person for all recruitment knowhow issues.
- Share successes with wider HR team.
- Champions recruitment capability in the UK.
- Develops and maintains network of external recruitment contacts to keep abreast of good practice etc.
- University Degree.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident to challenge.
- Credible to build relationship with senior candidates quickly.
- Flexible, Proactive & Enthusiastic.
- Innovative and strategic in thinking.
- Approachable, team player that works well under pressure.
- Able to multi-task effectively.
- Computer literate – good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a good attention to detail.
- Strong recruitment background with excellent interviewing skills.
- Knowledgeable in selection techniques and sourcing options.
- Commercially aware and comfortable with figures.