Plexus Law Overview
Plexus Law is a specialist defendant insurance practice with offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Croydon, Evesham, Liverpool and associated offices in Scotland. The firm works with insurance companies, corporate and public sector clients and the Lloyd’s market.
Plexus Law has developed carefully tailored packages to meet specific needs stretching from a traditional relationship to the provision of bespoke in-house services. The firm has a reputation for responding innovatively to client needs, utilising the experience of its staff, emphasising the highest quality and focusing on managing costs in all cases.
Purpose of Role To provide administrative legal support to the business team
You will be required to provide office based legal administrative support to the team including dealing with email correspondence, filing, scanning and faxing, to include chasing experts, CRU, witnesses etc., dealing with telephone calls (both internally and externally), travel booking, diary management including meeting bookings and court dates/counsel, gathering and recording of client MI, administering the case management system and maintaining other office systems.
Responsible for financial transactions such as cheque requests, cheque cancellations and dealing with expenses submissions for approval.
Ad hoc administrative duties as directed by line manager when necessary.
- GCSE/O Level – English Language and Mathematics (A – C)
- Good standard of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience within a legal/insurance administrative environment (1 year)
- Case management experience
- Telephone call handling experience
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and understanding of basic office procedures and terminology
- Be able to complete routine and non-routine tasks in an office environment
- Be able to plan and organise both familiar and new tasks
- Be able to use a problem-solving approach to respond appropriately to a wide range of enquiries
- Can produce and respond to detailed written and oral communication in an office setting
- Can use standard applications to process, obtain and combine information
- Be able to work using own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision
- Show an awareness of others’ roles, responsibilities and requirements when carrying out your work
The Firm is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment free working environment
for all its employees. All staff are expected to have due regard for those policies when carrying out