Experienced Legal Assistant / Paralegal - Casualty EL/PL - min 6 months eperience
Position Experienced Casualty EL/PL Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Plexus Law Overview
Plexus Law is a specialist defendant insurance practice with offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Croydon, Evesham, Liverpool and associated offices in Scotland. The firm works with insurance companies, corporate and public sector clients and the Lloyd’s market.
Plexus Law has developed carefully tailored packages to meet specific needs stretching from a traditional relationship to the provision of bespoke in-house services. The firm has a reputation for responding innovatively to client needs, utilising the experience of its staff, emphasising the highest quality and focusing on managing costs in all cases.
Purpose of Role
Handling a caseload of defendant predominantly litigated employers’ liability and public liability, both injury and liability. To represent the firm’s clients in the conduct of their matters in providing legal advice and assistance in a professional manner, in accordance with client protocols and one that delivers best possible service.
- To manage all client work allocated in accordance with the detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s manuals and client protocol
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed where appropriate.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional manner.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s clients and client documentation and information.
- To achieve agreed levels of billing and time recording.
- To comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Rules of the Professional Conduct of Solicitors in accordance with company guidelines.
- To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organizations.
- To take responsibility for and attend self development and training.
- In conjunction with the firm to comply with the relevant training requirements of the Law Society.
- Responsibility for client entertainment and client training when required.
- Technical processes: To use at all times where appropriate the predefined technical process of the firm relating to the management of the client’s claim.
- Incoming and outgoing post: to review and prioritise all incoming post on the date of receipt. To review and sign all outgoing post.
- Work on matter: To update technical processes on receipt of post on matter where a key date is involved. To document each activity that has taken place. To ensure that time is recorded and recorded accurately. To ensure each matter has a follow on diary action, as appropriate. To ensure file is kept in good order.
- Accounts: To ensure all supplier invoices are approved and passed to accounts. To ensure matters are billed on conclusion of a claim with the relevant information passed to accounts.
- Conflicts, complaints and negligence: To ensure that all conflicts, complaints and potential acts of negligence are reported immediately to the designed official.
- File closure: To ensure files are closed in a timely manner and all relevant information passed to accounts.
Previous legal experience – min 6 months
Experience of litigation and in particular EL/PL work
Responsibilities relating to Information Security
Plexus Law Ltd takes information security very seriously and we expect all our employees to:-
- Comply with all applicable security related policies defined by Plexus Law Ltd
- Be vigilant and report security incidents to an appropriate manager as quickly as is practicable
- Report any weaknesses they notice in the way information security is managed and if possible provide suggestions for improvement
The Firm is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment free working environment
for all its employees. All staff are expected to have due regard for those policies when carrying out