A highly prestigious US Law Firm based in the City currently has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to oversee the day to day accounts function in their London office. This role requires a highly professional Finance Manager who has the knowledge and ability to supervise a small team whilst being hands-on and able to multi-task.
Duties will involve but will not be limited to:
- Preparing and filing quarterly VAT returns and EC sales list
- Complete and review monthly bank reconciliations for office and client accounts
- Maintain all client account transactions in accordance with the SARs
- Oversee the billing for the London office
- Ensure timely compliance with all applicable HMRC requirements
- Maintain up to date knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
- Review Petty Cash reconciliations
- Meeting with partners regarding their WIP and collections
- Attend monthly Risk meetings
- Reporting SAR Breaches
- Liaising with External Auditors
- Dealing with accounting queries
- Working with US and the London HOA with regard to cost analysis, budgets and forecasts.
- Monitoring and reviewing control processes within accounts
- Performance management and performance reviews
- Various communications with the bank
- Regularly liaise with and report to the COFA
- Prepare and oversee the annual SRA audit.
The Finance Manager will ideally hold an AAT qualification and have previous people management experience within a law firm environment. Strong knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules and Anti Money Laundering requirements is essential. Proficiency with Excel, Word, Elite Accounting system and a Document Management System is highly desired. This role will involve regular contact with the US and other overseas accounts departments so the Finance Manager must have very good communication skills. If you feel you match the above requirements and would like to know more about this excellent opportunity please contact Ryder Reid Legal.