Newly Qualified/Junior Corporate Commercial Lawyer
A global leader in insurance with operations in more than 130 countries with annual revenues of $5.4 billion is looking for a recently qualified lawyer up to 2 years PQE to join the legal department in London with post qualification experience in Commercial/Corporate work. Experience within insurance or regulated financial services is essential.
The role entails:
- Handling a wide range of non-contentious commercial and corporate legal matters
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, including client terms of engagement, arrangements with insurers and procurement contracts for in-bound services
- Gaining familiarity with insurance-specific agreements such as introducer agreements, joint broking agreements, broker's letters of undertaking, opinion letters and reliance letters
- Delivering clear, pragmatic solutions to business colleagues and responding to ad hoc legal and commercial queries, for example in relation to data protection, intellectual property, contractual and strategic issues
- Reporting to senior members of the department within a supportive working environment
You will need to point to:
- Post-qualification experience in Commercial / Corporate practice areas
- Strong commercial skills and an ability to interact confidently with business colleagues
- Proactive and motivated with good team working skills
- Mature, professional and able to act with discretion at all times
In return you will be offered comprehensive benefits and programs including, health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Chloe Michael at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.