Legal Secretary in Intellectual Property
1 day left
- Full Time
My client a leader in their field have a great new opening for a Litigation Legal Secretary (ideally within IP but not a necessity) to join their winning team supporting 2 Partners and 1 Solicitor. This role would ideally suit someone with 3-5 years’ experience and strong IT Skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing tasks to ensure litigation files are kept in line with the matter management protocol (which will be explained and monitored by the Legal Executive)
- Proactive and high-level diary management
- Liaising with Records to open new cases on Inprotech
- Creating/amending documents and letters
- Organising meetings, lunches and conference calls
- Arranging detailed travel itineraries, including booking flights, trains, hotels and transfers
- Preparing invoices, including receiving unbilled WIP lists, printing job reports, checking client details, drafting billing narratives and liaising with Accounts when necessary
- Supporting the preparation of up to date budgeting information for the team
- Entering recordable time for fee earners
- Processing expense claims
- Photocopying, scanning, emailing and faxing correspondence and other documents
- Supporting the Legal Executive in preparation of materials for the litigation team and Court hearings
- Conflict checks
- A basic knowledge of IP litigation and the various forums
- Maintaining and updating contact details
- Assisting with administration connected to business development activities
Previous experience/education (essential):
- A minimum of two years’ (ideally three-four years’) experience as a legal secretary within a Litigation department.
- Recognised secretarial qualification (1 year course minimum) with RSA typing and word processing (or equivalent) 70 wpm minimum.
- Team player
- Diligent and methodical with attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Fast and accurate typing
- Ability to compose simple letters
- Ability to turn around large documents at speed
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.
Apply for Legal Secretary in Intellectual Property
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly