Legal Secretarial Manager
An urgent requirement has arisen for a qualified Legal Secretarial Manager to provide support for a global and award-winning Patent and Trademarks Attorney. You will be responsible for managing all Secretarial staff (24 in total) across all practice areas of the firm and be able to determine the firm’s needs for delivery and user expectations of a quality secretarial service and document production unit. Working closely with HR, Learning and Development, IT Training to ensure career development is encouraged and supported. The ideal candidate will have previous managerial experience gained in a law firm. Typical responsibilities will include:-
- Working closely with Line Managers to implement and drive change
- Determine and manage ratios, secretarial secondments, flexible working requests
- Carrying out the full recruitment cycle from initiation to completion
- Continually monitor productivity and take necessary action to adapt and improve where necessary
- Directly line manage the team leaders and business services staff
- Carrying out appraisals, one-to-one and team meetings
- Acting as the mediator between the fee earners and support staff
- Overseeing 24 Secretaries
- Pure management role (no secretarial duties)
- Lots of new projects in the pipeline
- Lots of meetings with heads of department
- Ideally IP / Trademarks experience, but will look at legal experience
- Need to have gravitas, vision and ability to manage as well as resilience
- Previous Team Leader or Supervisory experience
- Must have previously worked at a Legal Secretary to understand the role and have at least 3-5 years Team Leader experience
If you feel that you are able to undertake the variety of duties required and are able to keep a calm, composed and professional stance whilst supporting Senior Fee Earners then please do apply now for immediate consideration!
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Vicki Scott.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.