Knowledge and Information (“K&I”) Legal Secretary and Administrator
Reporting to KM Systems Manager
Contract Type 12 month fixed term contract (maternity leave cover)
The Role and Team
The K&I Legal Secretary and Administrator will report to the KM Systems Manager. The K&I Legal Secretary and Administrator provides diary management and secretarial support to the Head of department and the senior members of the team and is a member of a team of 2 providing administrative support for the department. This is a varied role and will involve interactions across the whole firm, including at the most senior levels. Therefore we are looking for a confident individual who is efficient, pro-active, and able to prioritise workloads, with the ability to multi-task and manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner whilst remaining calm under pressure.
• Significant diary management and inbox monitoring for senior members of the department including checking availability of other attendees within the firm and externally, liaising with other secretaries throughout the firm and assisting with travel arrangements when needed.
• Organising meetings (internally with partners/other members of staff and externally with clients and providers), booking meeting rooms, ordering equipment for meeting rooms (e.g. WebEx) and catering, circulating agendas and previous minutes and occasionally note/minute taking in meetings.
• Assisting with the creation and editing of confidential board/committee papers.
• Providing secretarial support including producing reports, tables (Word and Excel), presentations and other documents in the firm's style.
• Planning new joiner procedures for Professional Support Lawyers (PSLs) and paralegals within the wider firm and new members of the department.
• Editing and co-ordinating updates of the firm’s Intranet for the Practice Manual and K&I sites using a content management system
• Ongoing responsibility for updating internal KM documents recording matters relating to, for example, secondees, memberships and external publications.
• Assisting with the creation and distribution of the firm’s internal newsletter OneKnowledge using the firm’s email tool (Concep).
• Assisting with the management of the firm’s extranets (HighQ including iSheets).
• Assisting with the development and maintenance of the two Apps (in respect of the UK and Hong Kong Takeover Codes) including testing and modifying links
• Administering attendance and event calendars for the K&I Department.
• Administering the additional, regular tasks that are indispensable to the smooth running of the K&I Department.
• 3-4+ years’ experience in a legal or professional services environment.
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively at a senior level across different departments.
• Strong IT skills, including knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills with an interest in acquiring new technology skills (RedDot, DataTree, Sharepoint Designer, Adobe InDesign, Yudu Publishing)
• Excellent proven organisational skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail and use of grammar.
• Exceptional ability to manage, prioritise and complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Confidence to remain calm under pressure, and work independently under direction whilst contributing as a team player.
• Demonstrates professionalism and discretion in all dealings.
• Flexibility with hours is necessary when the work of the firm requires it.
For more information please contact Jane Alexander