Solicitor – Medical Negligence – 2-5 yrs PQE - Cambridge
Due to the continuous and rapid growth of the PI Department, an excellent opportunity has come up to join the Medical Negligence team of a highly successful, national firm.
The Client is passionate about the law and in providing clients with the best legal advice and guidance. Client care is second to none and this, underpinned by the promise to exceed client expectations, has helped the firm to grow to one of the UK’s most successful and respected law firms.
- Their team handles medical negligence claims for people who have suffered illness or injury as a result of substandard care in any medical setting such as treatment from a GP, NHS hospital or private clinic. The work is very varied and includes all types of medical negligence casework, including claims involving birth injury (including injury to both mother and baby), brain and spinal injury, negligent surgery, fatal accidents and inquest representation, delays in diagnosis or inappropriate treatment.
- You’ll handle a caseload which will include the investigation and litigation of complex and mid-value cases, whilst assisting other colleagues on high value/catastrophic injury cases worth up to many millions of pounds.
- A key aspect of this role will be to contribute energetically to our business development strategy which might include developing external relationships across the region and raising awareness of our client work through PR and other means.
- Ideally, have at least 2 years’ post-qualified experience in Medical Negligence in a Claimant setting. However, solicitors currently practising in a Defendant firm will be considered, as will those with a general PI background.
- Have a strong appetite for business development, able to build successful relationships with support groups, charities and medical professionals. Existing contacts in the East of England region would be an advantage.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Francesca Butcher or call for a confidential discussion.
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency, our enviable reputation is based on trust, integrity and doing what is right for you. We will always talk to you about your application and ask permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
Our Consultants have the latest market knowledge at their fingertips and can offer advice and guidance on your next career move – just call us about this role or to see if we have other suitable vacancies for you.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.