Legal PA in Property
My client a prestigious yet friendly independent Law firm with a rich history in advising private families, high net worth individuals and charities as well as international media groups have a great new opening for a Legal Secretary in their Property Department. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced secretary to join a great firm with a fantastic reputation. You will be required to organise the business development meetings and events for both the Partner and other Fee Earners and assist in the production of business development materials in liaison with the Marketing Team.
- With the Partner attending a large number of meetings, you will need to keep one step ahead to ensure that the necessary paperwork, research on new clients/contacts, bios etc. are prepared in advance, ready for the Partner to take to the meeting.
- You will act as a first point of contact for the Partner and Fee Earners so you will need to build an understanding and knowledge of the clients and organisations and provide bespoke communications to these key contacts to assist them develop future relevant opportunities for both their Team and other areas of the Firm.
- While the Partner produces very little dictation, you will need to be proficient in core IT applications including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) to enable you to provide effective support to the Fee Earners and other members in the Team.
- You will take a pro-active approach to your work by regularly seeking ways to improve the level of support provided to the Partner and Fee Earners, developing techniques and systems for coping with time and deadline pressures. You will use your initiative to compose and send on behalf of the Partner and Fee Earners, emails and correspondence requiring focused concentration and attention to detail.
- You will create high quality, accurate documents which are in accordance with the Firm's house style, following internal guidelines and making effective use of the Document Management System. You will maintain regular file management, ensuring all files are up to date, closed and archived, re-profiling any incorrect e-filing as appropriate. You will keep accurate records of all files sent to off-site storage via Records
- You will have proved experience in billing, AML, credit control and debt management as you will be required to; manage the billing process (including bill narratives), liaise with credit control and alert the Partner and Fee Earners of any unpaid bills; prepare AML documentation, obtaining relevant documentation from clients in a timely manner as required by the Partner and Fee Earners; regularly monitor finance related KPIs and; carry out conflict searches and correctly identify the work type.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency in core IT applications including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- File Management
- Adopts a pro-active approach and works with Fee Earners effectively, to maintain regular file management, to ensure all files are up to date, closed and archived, as appropriate
- Keeps accurate records of all files sent to off-site storage via Records
- Excellent timekeeping and prioritises work effectively
- Flexible, reliable, co-operative and professional approach to work
- Works as a positive, friendly and helpful team player
- Communicates in a positive and constructive manner
- Interacts in good faith and demonstrates effective listening
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified to GCSE standard, grade C (or equivalent) at Mathematics and English essential
- Previous Residential secretarial experience in a law firm essential
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Kelly Whelan.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.