Payroll and Benefits Advisor ***ADP experience essential***
Our client, an international commercial law firm, is looking for a Payroll and Benefits Advisor to join their team.
Responsible for overseeing all payroll, benefits, and reward activities across the business for c250 employees, you’ll be the point of contact for benefit providers ensuring that benefits are benchmarked and promoted within the business.
Additionally, you’ll also have responsibility for ensuring employees are paid accurately and on time and that all necessary statutory obligations (including reporting and payment of taxes and national insurance contributions etc..) are met.
- Administer the monthly payroll ensuring timely and accurate submission of all monthly changes, including statutory deductions such as attachment of earnings orders, to our third party provider.
- Manage benefit programme administration and reporting requirements.
- Lead on and manage the pensions auto-enrolment process in 2017.
- Work with HR colleagues to answer employee queries and resolve any payroll or benefit errors in a timely manner.
- Liaise with relevant members of the HR team to ensure that any team member changes around pay and benefits have been effectively communicated.
- Oversee the end of year P11d and P60 reporting process including production and distribution of documents to employees, HMRC and submission of tax and NI payments to HMRC by the relevant deadlines.
- Liaise with HMRC and Finance team to ensure that all payments of tax and NI are submitted in line with monthly and annual deadlines and that any HMRC queries are closed as a priority.
- Complete and produce regular and ad-hoc reports for Finance, and other external parties.
- Complete any administrative tasks connected with payroll, benefits and insurances.
- Monitor and provide feedback to our third party provider about any concerns in service and escalates any serious concerns to the HR Director.
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties including system improvement e.g. data cleanse.
- Reconciliation of benefits to include liaising with finance department.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of working ADP (preferably managed and processed client).
- Two/Three years Legal or Professional Services experience.
- Experience in administering a payroll of c.250 people, both hourly and salaried.
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service and a flexible approach to working supportively with others.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses very strong attention to detail and methodical in approach.
- Patient, responsive and demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Advanced Excel and Spreadsheet skills.
- Proficient in other Microsoft packages.
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks and priorities, prioritising as needed to achieve deadlines.
- Adaptability to change and flexible approach, including flexibility with working hours when required.
- Discretion and good understanding of and adherence to rules and principles of data protection and confidentiality.
Appropriate training will be provided in order for the role holder to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, alongside the opportunity for future learning and development.