Banking Litigation Lawyer
Great opportunity for talented banking and financial services litigation lawyers, with specific expertise in providing regulatory advice and conducting investigations.
The Purpose of the role is the integral development and retention of banking litigation caseloads through the effective management of client relationships and raising team profiles through development events using strong financial and risk management skills.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Independently manage own caseload, seeking advice from the Partner where appropriate
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients or referrers, by providing an efficient, professional and friendly service. Implement agreed client-care processes
- Support the Partner on more complex projects
- Ensure that all files are maintained and managed in line with the firm’s quality standards
- Take responsibility for billing your own work, ensuring that both monthly and annual financial and hours targets are met. Managing the collection of any aged debts and/or account queries
- Ensure all decisions in respect of client work are based on sound commercial decisions
- Undertake an active role in marketing the team; assisting with the development and implementation of business development events; supporting marketing activities as requested, attending client and firm-wide events; speaking at seminars and assisting with any other marketing initiatives.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an agreed plan to retain and develop relationships with existing clients
- Assist with the development and implementation of an agreed plan to acquire new clients for the team and firm generally
- Where feasible implement cross-selling initiatives;- working to the maxim that the client belongs to the firm and not to any one individual
- Implement new ‘products’ and services; co-ordinating with colleagues in other departments where appropriate
- Assist the Partner with the supervision and mentoring of junior team members and their caseloads. In the Partner's absence be responsible for the supervision of the team.
- A fully committed team player who encourages all team members to work cohesively and are mutually supportive of one another.