Insurance Counsel - 12 month contract
- Full Time
A leading insurance company is looking to recruit an experienced commercial lawyer to sit within their in-house legal team reporting to the Head of Legal. You will be working within the team supporting a number of combined business groups across the European operation.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and enhancing policies and wordings, to include drafting and reviewing templates and review market wordings working with underwriters
- Advising on applicable legal principles and assist with regulatory requirements relating to wordings
- Developing and managing relationships with market representatives, Brokers, Clients, Underwriters and responding to queries where necessary
- Keeping up to date on market developments and ensure documentation is amended accordingly
- Advising on legal issues relating to claims under the instruction of the claims team.
The successful candidate will have a strong commercial background, ideally with a mix of contentious and non-contentious insurance experience.
You will be a qualified lawyer and have at least 3 + years' experience gained either in-house or within private practice. Strong communication skills are essential, as well as being able build working relationships both within the legal team and across the business.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Apply for Insurance Counsel - 12 month contract
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly