HEAD OF FINANCE
Our client is an extremely successful, award-winning international law firm.
The role of Head of Finance is newly created and will be responsible for managing and developing a small but evolving, busy accounts department working closely with the Finance Director, Accounts & Payroll Manager, Revenue Manager, Senior Analyst and Senior Business Services Managers. The role holder will also deputise for the Financial Director as required.
The team has been undertaking an exciting period of transition where the need for greater influence in relation to improved financial management has been identified by key senior stakeholders. The team is split into three functional areas - transaction support, revenue control and management reporting.
The need for further growth in the team has been identified following a review of the team structure and a subsequent realignment of the team to support the firm on its continued change programme.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the team on a daily basis
- Developing, motivating and appraising team members
- Supporting on-going change across the department to ensure that it supports the team strategy
Financial accounting and tax
- Preparation of the firm's profit sharing and LLP accounts
- Preparation of audit files and liaison with the firm's auditors and tax accountants
- Production of tax analysis and preparation of draft tax computations
- Maintaining partner current and capital accounts
- Providing partner financial references and liaison with partnership tax advisors
- Reviewing the firm's VAT and PAYE returns
- This firm is seeking candidates with legal sector experience.