Immigration Advisor (UK in-bound team)
5 days left
- Full Time
Are you ready to make the next move in your career? Ready to take your experience in Tier 2 and ICT immigration work to the next level? Looking for a dynamic team and ready to deliver personal service on a global scale?
Berry Appleman & Leiden, a premier global corporate Immigration law firm, is seeking Immigration Advisors with experience in UK in-bound immigration casework, to join our expanding London office.
- This position requires prior experience with Tier 2 in a high-volume, fast-paced corporate environment.
- This position is located in the UK, at the BAL London office.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the UK, as BAL will not be providing sponsorship for this position.
The Immigration Advisor will report directly to the Supervising Solicitor/Immigration Manager and will work as an integral member of the team assisting with case preparation and case management.
- Counsel and respond to queries from human resources, managers and employees on all global immigration-related matters. This would include visa processing, documentation, visa options, risks, timelines, etc.
- Prepare applications, letters, forms, etc. to obtain initial work permits, residence permits, and related documents and extensions of same
- Responsible for accurately maintaining our database to ensure all data is recorded and all appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner to pro-actively drive the case forward and keep the client and the BAL account manager updated in real time
- Maintain relationships with BAL’s global immigration service providers and ensure that employees are receiving quality service at all times
- Update internal team on new immigration policies and procedures
- Administrative duties associated with global immigration case management, including but not limited to: processing payments and/or reimbursements, processing invoices, requesting document verification letters, generating reports, and maintaining required legal documentation, etc.
- Interact with government officials or outsourcing partners at Embassies, Consulates, High Commissions, Visa Application Centers, county clerk, or US State level Secretaries of State; in person, by email, fax and phone as required.
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned in support of the firm.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in all dealings
- Must be able to multi-task and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must effectively participate in and facilitate in a oneBAL team environment
- Must have time management and prioritization skills
- Must demonstrate strong organization skills
- Must have keen attention to detail
- Must think and act independently with professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
- 1 – 5 years immigration experience with EMEA countries
Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
All candidates must be authorized to work in the UK. (BAL will not provide sponsorship for this position.)
Apply for Immigration Advisor (UK in-bound team)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly