Environmental Solicitor NQ+ - Leicestershire
One of my leading clients are looking for a junior environmental lawyer to join their expanding team in Leicester.
The position is most suitable for someone at NQ level but we would consider applications from more senior candidates. At NQ level it would be an advantage if candidates have experience of environmental or planning law however experience in commercial litigation and/or commercial property would be expected with a real interest in environmental law. For more senior candidates we would really be looking for more direct relevant experience of environmental and/or planning law.
The work is predominately environmental:-
* advising on all aspects of environmental permitting regime including advice on permitting requirements and compliance, enforcement action, statutory appeals and judicial review.
* waste management including waste offences
* contaminated land, water and air pollution including advising on potential liabilities, civil or criminal litigation.
* noise, odour and related issues including claims for damages and injunctions.
* ecological issues including protected sites and species
* environmental constraints within the planning regime including Environmental Impact Assessment
* environmental issues in corporate and property transactions (due diligence, contractual terms, warranties etc)
There is some wider overlap with planning which may include:-
* planning enforcement (e.g. prosecution for breach of Enforcement Notices or similar)
* claims for judicial review with a planning background
* claims for compensation following Compulsory Purchase Orders
* commercial litigation where the factual background is loosely rooted in planning.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to have a further confidential conversation, please contact Paul Shephard at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.