Fee Earner / Technical Advisor – Technical Team
My client, a leading company in the claims management industry situated in Newcastle upon Tyne are currently seeking to employ a Fee Earner / Technical Advisor as part of their Technical Team with between 1-3 years PQE.
In recent years, the firm has broadened their focus, and now specialises in accidents at work and accidents in a public place, as well as road traffic accidents.
The firm is a member of the Motor Accidents Solicitors Society, Law Society and Personal Injury Panel ensuring a service based on confidence and trust. If you are seeking a Fee Earner role within a dynamic firm, who genuinely values their employees and offers every opportunity to progress as well as great benefits, then please do get in contact and I can discuss this role further with you.
What they are looking for:
- This Newcastle upon Tyne based Law firm are looking for a Fee Earner as part of their Technical Team. The right candidate will possess between 1-3 years PQE and experience of reviewing complicated medical evidence
- The relevant qualifications and/or experience as indicate aptitude for legal work in general and road traffic accident work in particular to include personal injury and vehicle damage related matters
- Good knowledge of department systems and procedures
- Good knowledge of RTA and Civil procedures
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical legal advice and guidance on technical cases and matters within the Clerks department, supporting Management, Team Leaders, fee earners and support staff The Technical Team Claims Supervisor will provide you with the necessary guidance and supervision
- Assist Directors/Management to ensure an effective, prompt and accurate service is provided to all clients or organisations with whom you have contact
- Effectively and efficiently deal with the individual cases for which the fee earner has responsibility
- To maintain an awareness of changes in legislation, practice and procedure and ensure that such information is disseminated to all appropriate colleagues
- Plan your workload in order to anticipate and balance priorities, obtaining timely assistance and guidance from relevant fee earners when necessary, thus optimising output
- Ensure that all correspondence and messages are dealt with appropriately and within a reasonable timescale
- Ensure that all clients on all occasions are treated with courtesy and dealt with expeditiously and ensure that a favourable image for the firm is presented
- Undertake appropriate training
- Contribute to the smooth running of the firm by assisting other staff with their work during periods of peak demand, thus optimising output
- Ensure any targets set by the Directors/Management are met
- Provide written reports when require
- To undertake non-chargeable work, including practice development for the benefit of the firm, which may be outside office hours