Solicitor / Legal Services Manager
I am working with a long-established and ever expanding legal firm located in Newcastle upon Tyne who are actively seeking a Solicitor / Legal Services Manager to work within their recent niche dynamic business venture run as part of the parent firm.
The venture is a start-up which is funded to grow rapidly. They are currently seeking to employ two practicing solicitors or FCILEx to become Legal Services Managers to assist the existing team with the creation of new services and maintaining the existing legal services currently offered on the platform.
Whilst escaping the rigors of chargeable hours and billing targets the successful applicants will be required to work in a fast moving environment responding to rapidly changing needs and demands.
The firm genuinely values their employees and offers every opportunity to progress as well as great benefits, if this opportunity appeals to you then please do get in contact and I can discuss this role further with you.
What they are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years PQE dealing with a broad range of client facing legal work. With these appointments they aim to bring in additional cover across both personal and business services as well as contentious and non-contentious cases
- They are an online comparison website so require a high level of proficiency and confidence in using technology. No secretarial support is provided so the ability to produce your own documentation and reports is essential
- A thorough understanding of the legal steps and process required to run a case across a broad range of services with an ability to communicate these requirements clearly and succinctly to non-lawyers
- An ability to work flexibly in a small but growing team and a desire to make the venture, the go to website for clients seeking to find the best legal service providers
Duties and responsibilities:
- To thoroughly understand the services offered
- To constantly look for improvements to their existing services for both the clients visiting the website and their Panel Partners who provide the service
- To assist in the identification of new services which may be offered on the platform and then to become primarily responsible for “building” them so that they can be offered to Panel Partners and ultimately made available on their website
- You will report directly to their Chief Operating Officer and liaise closely with their Partner facing sales team as well as their customer facing marketing team
- To maintain an awareness of changes in legislation, practice and procedure which affect their service offering and to ensure that regulatory compliance and legal correctness is maintained
- Plan your workload in order to anticipate and balance priorities, obtaining timely assistance and guidance from relevant colleagues
- To manage, maintain and improve the existing services on their website
- To investigate and devise new services to appear on their website