Property Lawyer required to join a highly regarded local authority in Greater Manchester on a locum basis.
Duties will involve dealing with a range of Commercial Property matters including (but not limited to);
- To carry a caseload of landlord and tenant matters arising from the Council's land holdings within the borough
- Granting and taking of new leases, lease renewals, and applications for consent to alter, assign and underlet
- Freehold sales and purchases of land
- Granting or taking of easements, licences or wayleaves
- To prepare and complete documentation in respect of the above transactions together with more miscellaneous legal documents including variations/waivers of restrictive covenants
- To undertake legal research on any matters relating to the Council's property portfolio
- To deal with miscellaneous property queries raised by service units, outside bodies and members of the public
Local authority experience is desirable but candidates from a private practice background are also encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will have a wealth of Property experience and be able to hit the ground running.
Legal services are based within a beautiful town hall, located within walking distance of the train station.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Kiran Purewal in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in legal recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership have gone mobile. Simply visit our website using your mobile device to ensure that you don't miss out on your next career move, whilst on the move...