7 days left
- Full Time
This globally recognisable brand is looking to hire a commercial lawyer into its small, but expanding legal team based in Surrey.
An instantly recognisable global brand whose main headquarters are based in Surrey.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Manage and direct legal matters by delivering timely, cost effective and technically correct advice and guidance in an accessible and solution orientated manner.
- Advising and supporting the company's global sales, operations, marketing and finance teams to ensure corporate compliance and consistency.
- Drafting and negotiating R&D, partnership, promotional and licensing agreements relating to the company's intellectual property.
- Communicating to all levels of management potential legal risks and mitigation strategies relating to the company's business.
- Instructing external counsel and actively manage fees
- Contribute to the development and implementation of knowledge management, and actively sharing knowledge with colleagues across the business.
- Conduct and arrange internal legal training for colleagues across the business, where relevant.
- Qualified solicitor with a strong academic background and training from a well known law firm.
- Experience in commercial law with experience in advising on legal and regulatory risks.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills.
- Experience in advising on multi-jurisdictional transactions
- Ability to establish trusted relationships with colleagues
- Prior in-house experience (either through secondment or permanent role) would be helpful but is not essential.
A basic salary paying up to £65,000 (depending on experience) + benefits + discretionary bonus.