In-house Legal Counsel - 3+ PQE - London - Financial Services
JOB TITLE: In-house Legal Counsel
PQE REQUIRED: 3+
SALARY: £-on application
THE ROLE: Our client executes trades for asset management firms, hedge funds, insurance companies, mutual funds and pension funds. The company provides sales trading services and trading technologies such as the Newport EMS, algorithms, trade cost analytics, commission management, independent research and dark pools of liquidity.
The are looking to recruit a legal counsel who will report to the General Counsel/Head of Legal for Europe, dealing directly with the European Management team you will work on broad range of contracts, legal and commercial issues to support work streams from the European, Asia-Pacific and US businesses. These will include;
- advising and drafting contracts to support new products and services
- reviewing, advising, drafting and negotiating broker client agreements, terms of business, commission sharing agreements
- reviewing, advising, drafting and negotiating market agreements - Exchange/MTF memberships, market data agreements, custody and clearing agreements, central counterparty agreements, introducing and executing broker agreements,
- reviewing, advising, drafting and negotiating Master service agreements, material outsourcing contracts, connectivity agreements, vendor agreements and general service contracts
- liaise with US and European counterparts as regards cross-border initiatives
- ability to read and communicate in French highly desirable.
THE CANDIDATE: Ideal candidate will be;
- 3 to 5 years PQE, with experience as a lawyer at a leading city law firm and/or in-house
- have an understanding of the infrastructure of a financial services firm and exposure to equities
- have excellent general commercial experience in financial services with experience of negotiating key legal contracts involved in a business such as terms of business, exchange/CCP agreements, market data