3 days left
- Full Time
Would you like to provide world class legal advice on issues arising from procurement, use, and licensing of software and IT Services by the BAE Systems group and its businesses? We currently have a vacancy for an IT Counsel at our site in Farnborough
As an IT Counsel, you will be promoting IT legal issues and IP awareness within the business across all functions focusing on IT functions and software focused businesses
The increasing demand for these offerings, the complexity of the legal environment and the significance of the potential risks has led to a greatly increased workload for the IP & Technology law team in this area.
Your main responsibilities as an IT Counsel will involve:
- Negotiating and drafting of relevant contractual terms in a manner that is clear, concise and documents an acceptable allocation of risk for the company and its business and, where applicable, supporting commercial and procurement functions in the negotiation and documentation of those contractual terms
- Implementing Group IP policy within the business with a focus on IT matters
- Assisting the development of digitalisation and IT strategy, the production of clear and concise guidance relating to use of new technology and services by the business and communicating those policies and providing guidance throughout the business and functions
- Building effective relationships at all levels within the business so as to become an integral part of the business value proposition
- Leveraging of IT Law and IP expertise providing complete solutions that deliver maximum value to the business, and providing advice on commercial IT projects and IP matters
- Ensuring legal risks associated with the storage and hosting of the information, IP and data that the Company is responsible for is appropriately mitigated
- Providing a timely, cost-effective, high quality and customer-focussed legal advice to the businesses with adherence to agreed service standards and budget cost
Your skills and qualifications as a IT Counsel will ideally include:
- LLB or equivalent degree and excellent academic credentials
- Prior in-house experience and / or good in-house secondment experience preferred
- Experienced commercial lawyer with technology, IP and outsourcing experience
- Good understanding of commercial law related to procurement and use of IT systems and services, including cloud based SaaS, IaaS and PaaS offerings are essential
- Experience in managing and advising on complex software licensing matters and on large scale and complex IT projects
- Interest in technology and ability to rapidly research and understand complex technical issues is essential
- Knowledge of key open source software licences and the implications of its use in proprietary products
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and advising on IT and commercial contracts is essential preferably including other areas of IP
What we're looking for in you:
You must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with a confident and articulate disposition to be able to advise at any level. You should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
You will have self-confidence, drive and enthusiasm.
BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Head Office is in Central London, with a number of support functions and functional specialists based in Farnborough, Hampshire. Head Office is home to a wide range of vital departments, from Strategy and Legal, to HR and Procurement. It is an exciting environment, where people at all levels in the business exchange ideas and develop new projects.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
Join us and you’ll be at the heart of BAE Systems corporate management. The sheer technical, commercial and cultural diversity of our worldwide business will give you enough challenge and variety to last a career. Throughout it all, we're committed to help you pursue your own ambitions and fulfil your interests within the business.
BAE Systems welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People