Legal Secretary in Structured Finance
We have a brilliant opportunity available to come and work for a ‘magic circle’ law firm. The firm are a huge international firm with offices around the globe and a stunning reputation for the world class legal support and advice they provide. The role is based in their beautiful offices in the heart of London close to Liverpool Street and is a firm with some really great progression opportunities. The firm have a great reputation with many secretaries and professionals and provide world class training which is suitable for somebody who is looking at developing their career and taking it to the next stage.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, have an up-beat, hands on approach whilst having exceptional interpersonal skills and look forward to hitting the ground running in their new role. You will be expected to undertake all aspects of the secretarial role including administrative and support services as required using the most appropriate tools and resources for the task, provide an excellent service to clients demonstrate flexibility in supporting principals and fellow secretaries, proactively contribute to the group/division/firms’ success by actively seeking to improve working processes, anticipate needs of clients and colleagues and take action accordingly.
- Proof read documents to ensure accuracy
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements including taxis, accommodation and expense forms
- Assist in the planning for key meetings
- Provide support for client events
- Deal with internal and client calls in a timely, confident, helpful manner and pass on accurate messages as required/action where necessary.
- Take responsibility for the processing and accuracy of invoice changes
- Liaise with principals, conflicts, matter management and finance teams on matter administration
- Monitor work in progress and chase matter managers to bill, as required.
- Maintain update/reminder system of ongoing mail if required
- Establish and maintain effective and accurate filing systems (hard copy and electronic)
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications Required
- A committed team player
- Proactive and enthusiastic, positive can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English
- Significant secretarial experience in a professional services/corporate environment
- Office skills IT literate; High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and a typing speed of at least 60 wpm
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Kelly Whelan.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.