Pitch Manager- 12 month FTC
5 days left
- Full Time
NEW Pitch Manager- 12 month FTC with leading global law firm.
The Pitch Manager role is part of a successful Pitch team of 4 within the Business Development Department. The role will be reporting into the Senior Manager and working on a variety of high profile bids at all levels across the firm.
The team are looking for someone with the excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the confidence to develop, and maintain, strong working relationships within the Business Development department and the wider firm.
- Promote quality of thinking and performance that truly adds value to each pitch proposition, avoiding disproportionate focus on document or presentation production.
- Work with the other Pitch Managers to support partners to prepare for strategic pitch presentations.
- Operate as a respected and proactive internal consultant, coaching partners and others involved in winning new business in the art of developing competitive, commercial propositions.
- Objectively analyse incoming pitch opportunities and propose go/no go decisions to the partners.
- Project manage a portfolio of pitches simultaneously, including facilitating and leading meetings, agreeing strategy and messaging, drafting and reviewing content from a marketing perspective and coaching teams on winning bids.
- Assist the partners in identifying key messages and writing/editing as required to ensure these concepts are reflected in all aspects of the pitch.
- Ensure all proposal and tender opportunities are tracked within the Firm's systems from when the opportunity becomes live through to post review feedback.
- Extend the impact of the Firm's 'best practice' model to all offices by inspiring and equipping lawyers - as well as secretaries, BD and Business Services colleagues - with the resources, skills and behaviours to successfully address an increasing proportion of new business opportunities themselves.
- Work with the other Pitch Managers to create and maintain a central repository/library of information which can be accessed by others areas of the firm. Proactively work with the wider BD team to help manage the library of information by constantly adding to, and improving, the knowledge base.
- Ensure that client research, competitor analysis and industry/sector information is included as part of any pitch strategy. Liaise with BD managers or partners for client relationship and practice area knowledge that will form part of the pitch strategy and team.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate bid outcomes to the partnership, and announce new wins within the partnership and via the firm's intranet, if appropriate.
- Proactively conduct debrief interviews following submission outcomes and ensure feedback is shared with the BD team. Turn feedback into action plans to continuously improve performance.
- Review on an on-going basis bid templates, structures and content to ensure consistency and best practice.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent creative drafting skills.
- Confidence to develop strong working relationships and upwardly manage.
- Pro-active approach to defining needs and delivering solutions.
- Proven organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables within a tight timeframe and deliver high quality work.
- Team player, reliable, helpful and willing, willingness to meet the demands of the role through extended hours when required.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Pitch Manager- 12 month FTC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly