Part Time Legal Secretary in Banking
We have a great opportunity to work for a large international law firm based in the City of London. They have a superb reputation for providing quality legal support and services to their clients from around all over the world. They are looking for an efficient, organised, enthusiastic individual who will hit the ground running in their new role within the Banking division on a part time basis.
As a legal secretary you will be reporting to the secretarial services manager and will be expected to provide fee earners with proactive and high quality secretarial support that appropriately meets their requirements, enabling them to focus on providing legal services to clients and reducing the need for them to undertake administrative tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively manage and maintain fee earners' diaries, making appointments and coordinating internal and external client meetings, and ensure all work activities are scheduled effectively
- Arrange the booking of conference rooms, video conference facilities, cars, refreshments, restaurants, and liaising with meeting attendees, both internal and external.
- Organising travel arrangements through the firm’s travel company, booking and confirmation of reservations, flights, hotels, car transfers, ordering currency and expense claims and producing detailed itineraries.
- Organises document management, including closing of files, archiving and ensures that all relevant documents are filed electronically and paper-based
- Supporting fee earner with the preparation of CVs and formatting of speaker materials, RSVP management for events sponsored by own fee-earner by taking/responding to telephone and email enquiries from interested delegates
- Preparation of agendas, presentations and meeting papers
- Formatting of bids, pitches and capability statements for clients typically in Word or PowerPoint; inputting edits to client facing documents, sourcing fee-earner CVs for pitches and coordinating the update of the CVs for the pitch by required deadline
- Presentations for client training, seminars and conferences; sourcing of fee-earner CVs and coordinating the update of the CV for the specific event ahead of required deadline and formatting PowerPoint presentations to meet firm guidelines.
- Daily contact with other secretaries within and across practice group/s to provide/request assistance.
- Experience working as a secretary within a professional services environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Experience of working with a house styles
- Good working knowledge of document and client relationship management systems, OCR/PDF software and financial recording applications
- Client service orientated approach
- Self-management and excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work calmly and effectively in a pressurised environment
- Attention to detail and discretion with confidential information
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Denis Simpson.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.