Associate - Corporate
We are currently recruiting for a commercially aware Solicitor/Associate to work within a corporate team in an award winning and highly rated regional law firm that enjoys London quality work, based in Norwich.
Errington Legal are legal specialists for East Anglia based in East Anglia, for expert guidance on your career move talk to us.
"Without Errington Legal's knowledge of the legal market and strong relationships with local firms, I would not have been able to secure the role that I did". Solicitor, Cambridge
Area of Law: Corporate
Salary: c. £42k - £55k
Initially you will work under supervision supporting the partners and other members of the team, gradually you will be expected to take on more responsibility. You will be a combination of corporate transactions, corporate finance work, some banking and finance work and company legal work.
The team covers an exciting range of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, joint ventures and general corporate work. Clients range from PLCs, through to substantial owner-managed businesses, private equity backed businesses and early stage/high growth enterprises. The team is increasingly focussing its marketing activities on larger and more complex clients nationally and internationally as a way of achieving growth and winning higher profile work.
Close contact with clients at a senior level is a key feature of the role and you should enjoy building links with accountants, bankers and other players in the business community and be enthusiastic about marketing activities, with a strategic focus of growing the client / work base.
The ideal candidate will be more than three years qualified with experience gained in a City or large regional firm. You will have a good background in transactional work and be able to demonstrate both working as part of a team on large transactions, and managing smaller transactions.
Skills and Attributes
* Good academics - 2.1 degree or equivalent with good A levels or equivalents
* Technically strong
* Excellent drafting and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and team skills
* Willingness to take initiative and to participate in marketing activities
* Organisation and prioritisation
* Systematic and methodical approach to work with ability to demonstrate these skills
* Experience of transactional work
· Knowledge of private equity or venture capital style investment terms
· Experience of M&A transactional work
· Some exposure to public company and capital markets work
The Errington Legal commitment to candidates:
· As a result of our extensive contacts and relationships we can offer candidates access to the finest legal firms in the area
· With our salary and market knowledge, we are in a good position to offer realistic advice on salary levels and also make sure that candidates receive a competitive deal.
· We offer thorough feedback and support during and after the interview process.
· We provide a fully confidential and honest relationship. No information on any individual is ever passed on to third parties without prior consent.
For a confidential discussion please contact Ellie Langley at Errington Legal Recruitment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE OFFER CANDIDATES A REFERRAL FEE FOR RECOMMENDING US TO ANY COLLEAGUES/ FRIENDS THAT ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY -PLEASE SPEAK TO US FOR FURTHER DETAILS (conditions apply).