Senior Editor, Practical Law Corporate
Senior Editor, Practical Law Corporate
ABOUT THOMSON REUTERS
We are trusted for the decisions that matter most, empowering customers to act with confidence in a complex world. Our intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation connects our customers’ businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company. We are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position Title: Senior Editor, Practical Law Corporate
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
To write new content for online publication, maintain existing content and answer questions from customers, ensuring that all content is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and the needs of customers.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
- Ensuring that you keep up to date with law and market developments and that the content for which you are responsible is also maintained so that it continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
- Subediting and reviewing your own work and that produced by others prior to online publication and where appropriate, helping support and mentor others in relation to legal writing tasks.Responding to questions from customers about corporate law and our published content.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or insights to improve content.
- Supporting marketing and sales and other parts of the business to ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Supporting marketing and sales, networking with customers and potential customers and industry leaders who may impact on the Corporate practice area.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Significant and substantial post qualification experience.
- Substantial experience in corporate law and in particular experience of listed and public company law.
- Significant ECM transactional experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of legal research databases.
- Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
- Experience in using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Experience in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Education/ Certifications Required:
• UK qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.