5 days left
- Full Time
Our client, a global leader in their sector, are looking for a solicitor to join their in-house legal team in Peterborough.
The legal department is a strategically-minded team providing high quality, legal and compliance services. The team provides full service legal support to all areas of the business that conduct operations, sales or other activities in the UK including commercial, distribution, competition, real estate, dispute resolution, regulatory and employment law matters.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor, who is proactive, flexible and highly organised with a strong focus on quality and a willingness to take on varying types of legal work.
The successful candidate will provide commercial legal and compliance advice and support to the UK businesses. They will work with outside counsel, internal legal staff and business clients on a variety of matters, and may be expected to participate on cross functional teams with the other members of the legal team. The areas of work are flexible and will include:
- Purchasing agreements, including tender processes and providing support for the global purchasing team
- General property matters including landlord and tenant
- Providing overflow general commercial support and helping other team members
- The role will also include reviewing and updating processes and standard form agreements and delivering training on current and relevant topics to the business as required
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A self starter used to handling matters with relative independence
- The ability to provide sound legal advice with an understanding of and regard for business objectives
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently with outside counsel
- Commercially minded, highly organised and able to work effectively in teams
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to take on new and/or different responsibilities to meet changing business and legal needs
- A qualified solicitor with a practising certificate in England and Wales
- Previous experience either in-house or in a law firm
- Highly competent in all Microsoft Office packages
Apply for Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly