Interim Commercial Lawyer
7 days left
- Full Time
The Global Commercial role will be responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including global supply agreements, distributor agreements, joint venture arrangements, procurement agreements, transportation agreements and advising in relation to marketing and advertising law.
A market leader
Advise all levels of the business on legal issues relating to the business, find legally sound and creative solutions and options for achieving the business objectives within acceptable legal constraints.
Work will be allocated by manager/other team members. The lawyer is expected to work largely independently but make appropriate judgements as to when to refer decisions/issues to manager or other team members.
Experience and qualifications required
- Strong academic background, law degree and/or legal professional qualification, and at least several years post-qualification legal work experience in the main legal areas relevant to the Lubricants and other Global Commercial businesses, in particular in
- Dealing with complex international common law contracts
- International transactional experience
- A good understanding of business drivers and a commercial approach to risk management
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to work with stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds and to build good relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in clearly explaining legal concepts and issues to non lawyers
- Flexible, creative and practical approach to legal problem solving within acceptable legal and risk frameworks.
Excellent daily rate.