Marketing & BD Executive
Our client, a leading City law firm representing asset managers, sports bodies, international media groups and charities, seeks an experienced Marketing & BD Executive.
Developing the firm's marketing strategy, you will be a key part of the firm's marketing team. This will include profile and reputation management, marketing communications, business development, brand management, events, CRM, pitches and tenders. This is an extremely broad ranging role which would ideally suit a candidate with at least two years experience in a similar marketing role at a law firm.
Working with a number of key internal clients (a mix of sectors, departments and international initiatives) to provide advice on the most effective marketing communications and to ensure that all marketing communications messages are achieving objectives.
Project management of all marketing communications, including;
* Events: Developing event strategy and performance review to include analysis and return on investment reports and making recommendations for improvements. You will also manage several annual flagship firm wide events and be a key part of event planning processes - drafting invitations and programmes, advising on targets, producing marketing collateral and provide success measures and de-briefs;
* Conferences: Identifying relevant conferences, speaking slots, sponsorship opportunities and other networking opportunities for lawyers in line with business objectives
* Marketing materials: Advising on and managing the production and usage of marketing materials (both hard copy and electronic) in preparation for tenders
* Website: Proactively ensuring content is kept up to date and is visible to the target audiences. This will include reviewing lawyer biographies, monitoring competitor sites and contributing to strategy with ideas and suggestions for improvements
* PR: Identifying and managing relationships with target journalists where relevant.
* Thought leadership: Spotting opportunities to demonstrate market leadership e.g. senior strategic discussions, surveys, new angles on existing issues etc.
* Internal marketing: Ensuring that news is communicated effectively internally on the intranet and at relevant meetings. Flagging opportunities to others in the firm where relevant
* Awards: Providing advice on appropriate content and awards to enter and support with editing final submissions.
* Around 2 years experience working in the marketing team of a law firm - essential
* Experience of E-Marketing campaigns, with an understanding of Vuture or Concept
* Demonstrable experience of managing E-Marketing campaigns together with day-to-day duties
* Qualified to degree level and preferably CIM (or equivalent) Marketing qualification
* Experience of a business development role within professional services
* Strong user of MS Office and experience of using e-marketing systems - CRM systems and social media is desirable
* Good understanding of the core practice areas of a commercial law firm
* An enthusiasm for team work and an ability to assume responsibility and deal efficiently with a varied and often demanding workload are key requirements
Salary is £29-35k, subject to experience. For further information, please contact Daniel Diamond at Chadwick Nott
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.