Personal Injury Claims Handler
We are recruiting for a PI Claims Handler for a Liverpool based legal firm.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role requires:
• Minimum of two years PI claims handling experience within an insurer or legal environment in either motor/EL/PL disciplines • Excellent communication skills • Ability to effectively manage a high work load of both PI and Non PI claims/Incidents • Good IT skills are essential.
Key responsibilities for the role of the PI Claims Handler are split into four distinct areas:-
• Act as client point of contact. • Report successes/defeats. • Establish effective rapport with client. • Attend regular depot/Op-Co meetings. • Identify and improve areas of potential weakness
Case Handling –
• Avoidance of unnecessary litigation. • Completion of 90 day review within 5 days of allocation. • Report all incidents involving vulnerable parties and of a potentially serious/costly nature as detailed in the (TPG). • Reserve in accordance with the (TPG)
IRF / Post action –
• IRF – review and update within 48 hours of allocation • All letters / e-mails to be dealt with in line with CPR or MOJ guidelines, whichever is appropriate. • Letters where financial impact – within 5 days • All other post – within 10 days • Summons – within 24 hours
• Reserves to be allocated on “most likely outcome” at all times • All system information to be input & updated as required. • Proactive use of Figtree notes / letters and diary system.
• Maintain and report where appropriate accurate unit data • Report accurate weekly incoming and outstanding postal figures • Report outstanding diary events
Apply for Personal Injury Claims Handler
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly