Experienced Legal Counsel - Hospitality and Leisure
Areas of Responsibility:
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on management, license, and technical assistance services agreements and ancillary contracts with potential partners.
- Prepare documents and contracts in accordance with the company’s standards and policies.
- Initiate, coordinate and instruct external counsel and/or assist in reaching settlements.
- Provide internal support to other business areas including writing and distribute contract summaries.
- Review and update company’s policies and standards and report material deviations for approval by leadership team.
- Assist General Counsel in implementing policies, procedures and business practices and ensure understanding and compliance by relevant departments.
- Assist in handling corporate regulatory matters of subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Coordinate contract database process to ensure accurate and timely tracking of key contract terms, conditions, changes, timelines, and owner information.
- Other duties as and when necessary.
- Bachelor of Law from a reputable university.
- Admitted to practice as a solicitor.
- 5-8 years of experience in corporate and commercial law (real estate law an advantage but not required), with at least 3 years’ practice experience with a first-tier local or international law firm servicing international clients.
- Hotel industry related legal experience (in-house / private practice) will be advantageous.
- Fluent in English, Mandarin (spoken and written) an advantage but not required.
- Strong legal drafting skills.
- Corporate secretarial knowledge and experience is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Willingness to travel if required by the company’s business needs.