Assistant General Counsel (Vice President)
The successful candidate will work with the Technology, IP and Corporate Functions legal team to:
- provide legal advice and counsel on technology law, outsourcing and intellectual property matters;
- work closely with the Asia Pacific Legal & Compliance teams and the technology organizations;
- partner with and provide legal support and advice to the bank's lines of business re its Technology, IP and Sourcing needs; and
- assist in providing legal support in respect of offshoring projects regarding the provision of services between affiliates of the Bank.
The candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient and adaptable, with an understanding of IT and IP issues.
- Strong drafting, negotiation, good communication and legal analytical skills.
- A working knowledge of banking regulations, cross- border transactions and insurance law
- Law degree in at least one common law jurisdiction
- Reading, drafting and negotiating in Mandarin are desirable pre-requisites.