BAE Systems Military Air & Information: Legal Counsel (3-6 year PQE)
BAE Systems Military Air & Information - Legal Counsel
BAE Systems is a global defence, security and aerospace group that delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. A FTSE 100 company we employ approximately 90,000 staff worldwide and achieved revenues of £17.9 billion in 2015.
BAE Systems Military Air & Information
Military Air & Information is the aerospace division of BAE Systems. We use all of the collective expertise gained down the decades to design and manufacture the very latest fixed wing combat and training aircraft for the Royal Air Force and our customers around the world, as well as offering associated training solutions and support services.
Our products include:
· Eurofighter Typhoon
As Legal Counsel you will work within the Combat Air division which is responsible for developing, manufacturing, and exporting the Typhoon as well as supporting our customers' Typhoon and Tornado fleets. As part of a first class, collaborative and friendly legal team you will receive training and development in our industry, and be responsible for providing specialist legal advice and support.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
* Providing proactive, high quality, business-focused legal advice and solutions in a timely manner.
* Developing legal solutions to complex business issues in a timely manner.
* Supporting our export contracts and ensuring governance in establishing international partnerships.
* Understanding the commercial, political and economic issues affecting our business.
* Acting as the legal point of contact for a defined sector of the Combat Air business.
* Drafting, negotiating, agreeing, completing and supporting contractual arrangements with customers and partners which contribute to the development of the business.
* Ensuring that MAI is compliant with all applicable legal requirements including health and safety, procurement law, export control and ethical business conduct.
* Participating from an early stage in disputes to assist in developing appropriate strategies for their effective resolution.
* Contributing to the wider BAE Systems Legal function as and when required.
* Keeping abreast of legal and business developments relevant to the business and providing training where necessary.
This role is open to 3 - 6 year PQE UK qualified solicitors who are looking for a challenging and interesting opportunity. You will need to have appropriate leading law firm and/or in-house legal counsel experience as well as sound knowledge of, and experience of dealing with, relevant areas of the law. Candidates with expertise in corporate, commercial and projects are of particular interest. However, of most importance is resourcefulness and strength of character. You must be able to stand on your own two feet and build influential relationships across the business. We are looking for an individual who is going to be inspired by the opportunities that working in one of the UK's largest and most successful companies will give you. If this sounds like you, please contact our exclusively retained consultants at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.