Associate/ Senior Solicitor, Employment- Edinburgh/ Glasgow
Associate/ Senior Solicitor, Employment- Glasgow or Edinburgh
Our Employment department, ranked in the top tier of Scottish providers in the independent legal directories Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500, currently have an exciting opportunity for a senior solicitor or associate to join the team. The role requires previous experience of employment law but there is scope to tailor the workload to particular experience or interests for the right candidate.
As part of the team you will be providing advice and support to clients on matters across a broad spectrum of employment issues ranging from the development of good employee relations to the management of disputes. The key aspects of the role will be employment litigation, providing HR advice and support to clients, policy and procedure drafting, providing support on corporate and property transactions along with delivering client training. You will also be actively involved in business development activities and promoting the services of the employment team.
The successful applicant will benefit from excellent career development with clearly defined career paths and opportunities for career advancement.
- Drafting ET3 submissions
- Taking and drafting witness statements
- Analysing and evaluating evidence of cases
- Conducting pre-hearing reviews
- Appearance at employment tribunals
- Providing clients with advice in relation to day to day employment law matters via phone, email and face to face
- Review of contracts and policies and procedures for clients
- Providing employment support on corporate and property transactions
- Drafting compromise agreements
- Active involvement and enthusiasm in business development activities linked to the department’s strategic plan
- Delivering training to clients, as part of a team, on employment law issues
- Supervise the work of more junior team members, where appropriate
- Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Communicates in a confident, clear and relaxed way
- Demonstrates strong research skills
- Adapts style of communication appropriately when dealing with colleagues and clients
- Excellent attention to detail and presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Self-motivated and driven
- Prepared, Organised and able to prioritise
- Applied Knowledge
- Commercial and Profit Focus
- Conduct and communication skills
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.