In-House Regulatory Lawyer- UK Bank, Edinburgh
Specialist role for a lawyer with a regulatory/compliance background to join an award-winning financial institution/bank based in their offices in Edinburgh. This role is a 12 month fixed term contract position.
- Provide commercially focussed regulatory legal advice to the business on product development, operational processes, regulatory legal issues and documentation;
- Identify regulatory legal risks and changes to the business and proactively work with them to minimise the impacts;
- Build relationships with business stakeholders and help to deliver training to the business as required;
- Maintain effective governance and act as a knowledge point/ provide training on regulatory matters.
- Qualified as a Solicitor in Scotland and/or England & Wales;
- Experience of identifying regulatory legal risk;
- Ideally, technical knowledge of banking law, insolvency law, consumer credit, payment services, unfair contract terms and consumer law. Additional experience of consumer contracts/ financial products would also be an advantage but not essential.
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.
Apply for In-House Regulatory Lawyer- UK Bank, Edinburgh
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly