Contentious Legal Counsel, 2-6 PQE Litigator, In-house
Our client is an exciting, growing commodities brokerage firm who are seeking a 2-6 year PQE lawyer with a litigation background to undertake an in-house contentious role.
The role will be reporting into the Head of Legal and assisting the legal team with a variety of legal matters including:
- Provide assistance to the Head of Legal with assistance on big-ticket litigation matters
- Draft, review and negotiate general legal documentation including commercial contracts and client facing documentation etc.
- Delivering high quality and practical legal advice to the business when required
- Keep informed on relevant regulatory developments affecting the business e.g. EMIR, MiFID II etc.
- Liaising with external lawyers when required
- This role will be ideal for a 2-6 year PQE lawyer from a silver/magic circle or top-tier UK/US firm, with a litigation background and is looking to go into an in-house contentious role.
- Litigation experience is essential
- In-house secondment is desirable not a pre-requisite