Locum Childcare lawyer
Our client, a West Midlands based Local Authority is seeking to recruit a Childcare Lawyer to join their in house legal team on a locum basis. This position is offered on a full time basis with the post holder working around 37 hours each week. The contract is guaranteed to last a minimum of 6 months but is likely to be extended beyond this initial period.
Duties will include:
- Handling a busy caseload of Child Protection cases including interim care orders and emergency protection orders under the Public Law Outline
- Dealing with Care and Adoption proceedings
- Undertaking advocacy in both the County Court and Family Proceedings Court for contested and final hearings
The ideal candidate will be :
- A qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FCILEx with a current Practicing Certificate
- Able to demonstrate an up to date knowledge of public childcare law in a local government context
- A confident advocate with strong communication skills
- Able to prioritise work and manage a complex caseload with minimum supervision
- Used to working with IT systems and drafting statements without legal assistant support
In return a highly competitive hourly rate of £30 - £38 per hour is offered, dependant upon experience.
For further information, please contact Emily Bulman or Philippa Turner
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.