PLANNING LAW, MIN 4 YRS PQE, SURREY
PLANNING LAWYER - SURREY
Senior Planning Law Solicitor required by one of the few law firms in the south with specialist environmental and planning expertise. Their planning and environment team is listed as a leading practice by Chambers UK and The Legal 500, and individual members are recognised by all of the major legal directories.
They regularly advise clients on:
- Environmental, climate change and health & safety issues: - in share and asset transactions, including the environmental, climate change and health & safety aspects of a share transaction of over £1.1bn - in property transactions, and - arising on planning applications
- Environmental compliance issues arising from commercial contracts including advice to commercial occupiers in relation to remediation issues regarding dilapidations claims
- Regulatory and liability matters relating to: - contaminated land and other environmental liability issues - waste issues including alleged breaches of waste management licences, alleged breaches of waste management licensing requirements and negotiating on behalf of clients with the Environment Agency - waste licensing breaches by adjacent occupiers - statutory nuisances, including advice to car retailers on alleged nuisance from early morning deliveries and to industrial occupiers on alleged night time noise and smells from industrial sites
- Land drainage and flood and sea defence issues
- Asbestos liabilities
- Environmental provisions in insurance policies
- Environmental claims
- Planning applications and appeals
- Drafting and negotiating planning obligations
- Regulatory matters including advising clients on alleged breaches of planning control, enforcement notices, appeals and prosecutions
- Evidence required to support certificate of lawfulness applications
- Issues relating to the local plan process
- Judicial review of decisions by local planning authorities and the planning inspectorate(including advice to interested parties)
- EIA and SEA
- Advertisement consents
- Highways (including public rights of way)
Beresford Westoby Consulting is a legal recruitment specialist handling private practice and in-house vacancies throughout London, the South and Overseas. We have over two decades of experience and are well known in the market for our professional, friendly, pro-active and enthusiastic approach.Beresford Westoby Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We aim to respond to all applications within two working days. If we have not contacted you within this time frame your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other positions that you may see in the future. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil this kind of work.
Private Practice: We are instructed by and on the preferred supplier lists of the majority of UK/US law firms as well as a full spectrum of small, medium sized and niche firms, handling vacancies encompassing every legal discipline for Lawyers. Professional Support Lawyers: We have vast expertise in this specialist area recruiting for law firms and information services companies as well as in-house legal departments.
Apply for PLANNING LAW, MIN 4 YRS PQE, SURREY
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly