Banking Solicitor - In House
Do you have a banking background?
Are you fed up with working long hours?
If you are looking for a work life balance whilst maintaining good quality work please get in touch.
An outstanding opportunity for a junior solicitor to join a leading In house function based in Birmingham.
The banking lawyer may have had In House experience gained in a financial services sector or gained experience in banking from a leading private practice.
My client is a leading financial services organisation looking to bolster their transactional banking offering. The successful banking lawyer will advise the business on a range of transactions with a specific focus on the asset based lending side.
The successful banking solicitor will:
- Sit in a small team but work closely with senior legal counsel.
- Advise the business on a range of banking matters whilst also advising on risk and strategy.
- Draft, review and negotiate relatively complex legal documentation and standard forms.
- Undertake legal research, including liaising with external law firms as appropriate.
- Provide support on projects where necessary.
The successful Banking Lawyer will be:
- Qualified lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister, Attorney or equivalent) with at least 2 -6 years PQE*.
- Banking experience (contentious or non-contentious)ideally exposure to asset based lending.
- Strong technical legal skills, including ability to draft and negotiate legal documentation.
- Understanding of the requirements of legal risk management in a financial institutions.
*Applications from NQ's will be considered but you will require at least 6m banking experience.
Competitive plus benefits