Head of Governance/Democratic Services
7 days left
- Full Time
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of Governance/Democratic Services to join a Local Authority in the West Midland. This is a locum position for at least 6 months with a high possibility for extension.
Your main objective in this role will be to manage and facilitate the work of the Council's Democratic Services, which encompasses committee services, member services interpretation and adherence to the council's constitution
On a day to day basis you will also be tasked with the following:
- Supporting elected members and the cabinet regarding committee powers reporting layout and the recording and minuting of formal council agendas and minutes
- Overseeing members declaration of and register of interest
- Overall management of the election service, this will involve the arranging and fulfilling of the legal aspects of conducting General and Local elections and the law regarding the electoral registration etc.
- Overseeing Data Protection across the council including liaising with the Data Commissioner
- Responding to formal complaints and investigations
- Providing advice and support regarding governance arrangements
The ideal candidate will have a Legal background and be able to demonstrate Senior management experience. Having a knowledge of local government, committee structures and member decision processes is also desirable.
An attractive rate is offered for this position dependant on your level of experience.
Apply for Head of Governance/Democratic Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly