Data Privacy Officer
Our client a top tier London law firm are seeking a Data Privacy Officer to join their compliance team.
The successful candidate will support the Head of International Compliance in ensuring compliance with global data protection obligations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Compiling inventory of all personal data
- Completing global data protection audit
- Reviewing data protection policies and procedures, and communicating these firm-wide
- Carrying out privacy impact assessments on all systems processing personal data
- Conducting frequent audits for data compliance purposes
- Reviewing and amending as necessary internal data protection registrations and notifications both inside and outside the UK
- Responding to complaints and queries as necessary
- Compliance reporting to Head of International Compliance
- Liaising with overseas offices to ensure data protection compliance
Applicants will have a strong academic background along with a post-graduate certification in data privacy, legal/compliance, accounting/business.
Qualified lawyers should have 2-3 years PQE with recent in-house data privacy experience and practical experience of implementing data privacy legislation within an EU context.
Applicants must be familiar with
- Data protection and retention policies
- Formulating data mapping exercises
- Running subject access requests
- GDPR legislation
For those applicants who are not qualified lawyers we are seeking exceptional candidates with a minimum of 4-5 years experience in a relevant data privacy role