Solicitor – Dispute Resolution Department
My client is a full service law firm based in North East England serving clients throughout the UK and further afield are currently seeking to fill a full-time permanent position with between 1-5 years PQE to work in their busy Dispute Resolution department.
With 250 employees including 30 partners and over 120 lawyers, my client is one of the largest law firms in the region and pride themselves on providing their clients with the highest quality, partner led legal advice and exceptional personal service.
Keeping their clients informed of matters relevant to them is important to the firm, satisfactorily building a relationship of trust and confidence.
What they are looking for:
- This Newcastle based law firm are looking for a solicitor as part of their Dispute Resolution department with between 1-5 years PQE
- Good knowledge of department systems and procedures
- The relevant qualifications and/or experience as indicate aptitude for legal work in general
- The successful candidate will be expected to handle cases independently and assist a Partner with a wide range of cases from straightforward contractual disputes dealt within the small claims court to high value multitrack and technically complex matters
- A foundation in Company Law, Contract Law, Property Law and Law of Tort
Duties and responsibilities:
- Key aspects of the role include: Commercial Litigation; Property Litigation; General Civil Litigation
- Working alongside colleagues in their Company Commercial, Employment and Commercial Property teams so as to minimise litigation risks for existing clients, work to resolve contractual disputes pre proceedings and also deal with contested matters up to trial
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of the civil procedure rules and litigation process
- Build relationships with a broad range of clients from individuals, partnerships and limited companies from a variety of different sectors
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise, cope under pressure and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as are managing expectations across a wide range of competing needs
- A willingness to cover a variety of tasks and work outside core hours on occasion