In-House Legal Counsel- Commercial Contacts, 1+ PQE, Edinburgh/ Glasgow
Leading financial services company with offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow are looking to hire an additional in-house legal counsel/ in-house lawyer to specialise on the commercial contracts side of the business. Ideally, candidates will have at least 1+ years PQE and a background in commercial contracts and risk. This is an excellent junior in-house opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment within an award-winning company.
The role will involve advising primarily on risk management and contract management and will include:
- Advising on a broad range of legal matters, including assisting with contracts management and negotiation, tender responses, client engagement letters, transition letters and e-business agreements;
- Develop and maintain processes, templates, databases on management of supplier contracts and client contracts;
- Identify, manage and mitigate legal issues and risk;
- Compliance and regulatory matters;
- Management reporting;
- Working with external counsel and assisting with legal research.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year PQE and a commercial background. Experience working within financial services or a bank would be beneficial but not essential.
- Candidates with experience working in a regulated environment are of particular interest.
- Experience of commercial contracts is essential and advising on legal risk would also be an advantage.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate an adaptable and intuitive approach to working and be able to develop strong relationships with peers and stakeholders.
To discuss this role in confidence or to apply, please contact David Thomson, Director at Thomson Legal by completing the Apply Now details in the box below. Alternatively, please click on the Thomson Legal logo to access our recruiter profile where you can contact us directly via telephone, email or social media.