BD Executive - Legal - Manchester
Assisting with the implementation of sector business development strategies and campaigns under the direction of a Business Development Manager, this large, leading legal firm is looking to recruit a Business Development Executive, based in its Manchester office. This will involve establishing productive relationships across the Business Development Department as well as with partners, lawyers and other business services teams. The focus will vary depending on sector and circumstances, but will include:
- Attending sector/practice area sub-group meetings, keeping a record of actions agreed and assisting the Business Development Manager achieve progress
- The drafting and production of sector marketing materials
- The organisation of internally and externally hosted events in partnership with our in-house event organisers, including advising on and assisting in the development of materials and managing other elements involved in campaigns, for example surveys, research studies, press releases or interviews.
- Assisting in the drafting, preparation and production of client pitch documents or other capability materials, involving:
- Research into relevant market segments and clients/prospects
- Management of client information and the compilation of data and reports for partner groups
- Supporting the Business Development Manager in the development and implementation of client development plans
- Updating sector web pages and producing other e-communications
- Assisting in the production of directory submissions
- Managing sector data in the firm's Interaction CRM system
You must understand, support and communicate the key aims of the firm's business development agenda within their sector. You will contribute to the continuing development of business development tools that support the implementation of our plans and maintain the operational standards of the Business Development Department, as directed by your Senior Business Development Manager.
You will be educated to degree level (2:1 or above) or possesses equivalent experience and holds a professional marketing qualification, e.g. CIM/CAM (desirable). You will have experience of working as a Business Development practitioner within a fast-paced professional services environment, preferably within the legal industry, marketing communications experience, good copy writing skills, an understanding of branding and design, strong IT skills with experience of CRM systems (preferably InterAction), Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You will also have strong organisational and interpersonal skills.