Thrings is a Top 100 law firm with ambitious growth plans. The firm is based in the South West and also has a strong London office.
The finance function is undergoing a period of exciting change to ensure that systems and processes are appropriate to meet the changing legal landscape and business need.
A position has arisen for a dynamic individual to join the Business Reporting team, to take responsibility for the production of management information, including budgets, and to further develop management reporting for the firm. This varied role will also take responsibility for the nominal ledger, including balance sheet reconciliations, and supervision of the purchase ledger and expenses system.
- Production of monthly management account pack, including full narrative and departmental variance reporting. Regular meetings with budget holders to monitor results.
- Development and production of management reporting for the firm including: daily statistics, trend reporting, practice area contributions and cash flow statements, management KPI’s, bench mark analysis.
- Working capital forecasting and reporting. Daily Cash flow forecasting and identifying issues.
- Establish and maintain rolling budgets and budget model. Liaising with Business services directors to produce annual budgets and long range forecasts.
- Management of the Work In Progress valuation exercise, and producing analysis and reporting.
- Government and statistical reporting including benchmarking surveys.
- Intercompany balances reconciliations and liaison with other group accountants.
- Responsibility for the expenses system.
- Ensuring purchase ledger is properly maintained and up to date. Responsibility for payment and balance management within cash flow.
- Maintenance of control accounts and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintenance of the reporting software and ensuring consistency of narratives and postings
The successful candidate will be CCAB Qualified or a finalist. You will ideally have previous experience in a similar role, preferably with experience of a Professional services environment. Your will have a strong knowledge of Production of management accounts combined with experience of budgeting and forecasting and experience of developing management reporting.
This is a full time permanent position based in our Swindon office.