Our client is looking for an immigration Paralegal/PA to join their London office on a six month fixed term contract with a view to extension.
Our client is a top international law firm based in central London and is well-known in the legal industry for its impressively profitable immigration team and private client work.
- Proactive diary management: coordinating and managing multiple diaries including booking appointments and making travel arrangements;
- Administration: typing, billing, filing, handling correspondence, photocopying, faxing, archiving, taking minutes in meetings, transcribing audio dictation and copy type letters, memos and reports;
- File management: ensuring that all matters have their physical and electronic files opened in a timely manner, kept updated and well organised. Documents need to be properly labelled and stored and file needs to be updated with attendance notes as frequently as appropriate;
- MQ2 administration - file opening and closing, retainer letters and conflict checks;
- Preparing and sending e-mails to include attaching documents, printing and filing of incoming emails, attachments and confirmations;
- Ability to engage and understand the applicable law and to proactively progress matters under fee-earner's supervision;
- Researching, analysing, and drafting documents, and conducting due diligence;
- Reviewing portfolio statements and preparing investment schedules;
- Checking Immigration Rules and ensuring that all advice is up to date with most recent changes;
- Preparing application bundles to meet Home Office requirements (drafting application forms, index of documents and letters of representations);
- Assisting with advising clients on potential applications including, but not limited, to booking Home Office appointments and any language tests which they need to sit to be compliant with Home Office rules;
- Liaising with the Home Office to book biometrics appointments and ensuring payments are correctly processed;
- Conducting full review of passports and previous travel history to prepare schedule of absences;
- Interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, annual reports, etc;
- Acting as a point of contact for clients; preparing for and attending client meetings when required; liaising with clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner; taking detailed notes and following up with clients to ensure that all documentation is gathered in time to submit their application;
- Drafting letters of support tailored to specific client needs;
- Maintaining client contact details on CRM (Interaction) database;
- Preparation of monthly bills and checking for monies on account and to see whether bills have been paid;
- Assisting other departments when required with PPA duties e.g. bundling as well as providing cover for fee earners diary management, fielding calls and dealing with post.
Candidates keen to be considered for this immigration Paralegal/PA position will be:
- Educated to at least degree level, a law degree is desirable, but not essential;
- Previous administrative experience working within a law firm or professional services environment is essential;
- Strong organisational and planning skills with a flexible, positive 'can-do' approach to work;
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and prioritise workload effectively;
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Discreet and confidential manner and the ability to handle commercially sensitive information with care and diligence;
- Confident, professional manner;
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners and clients;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a helpful and friendly manner;
- Proficient with Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications;
- Candidates should have some experienced with copy and audio typing (digital dictation) - with a typing speed of around 60wpm;
- Languages skills desirable, but not essential.
Our client is offering the successful immigration Paralegal/PA candidate a competitive salary (between £26,000 and £27,000 based on experience) for this six month contract position and the exciting prospective opportunity for extension of the role.